Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: A night with the backpackers

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Friday, June 24, 2005

A night with the backpackers

I've just arrived back from a rather cool night spent in Central London.

I went down for a very interesting meeting, followed by an excellent dinner, then back to my 'hotel' - actually a backpackers hostel near Russell Square.

I dont think I could have chosen a better place to stay - the facilities were admittedly basic - I had to share a room with 2 backpackers, but this did not seem like an inconvenience given the friendly relaxed atmosphere.

I met some really interesting people, from every part of the world, who were only too happy to chat, and made full use of the 3am bar, I think at one point I even had a dance. I even met a woman who works as a 'Applied Behavioural Analyst' (whatever that is) with children with autism in Missouri USA, so we had plenty to chat about.

I am sure that had I stopped a more expensive, and more stuffy establishment, I would have retired quietly to my room, and missed out on a mind-broadening experience, and on meeting some rather cool people.

3 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Anonymous community health nursing said...

Hi Thinking Nurse, I have been visiting sites for hours and I really like what you have done with your blog. Informative and interesting! In fact I found your site just after
I visited philosophy of nursing
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Philippine said...

Kudos! Very informative article, keep up the good work!
This blog will be one of the many that I visit everyday.

Best of luck,
nursereview.org

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous colorado nursing schools said...

Conversations are one aspect that make life more interesting. You do not need to pay for a lot to get this and most people who knows about it gave up money for more meaning existences. I remember my grandmother who is quite an artist herself. Whenever I talk to her, I feel like I am talking to Dalai Lama. She was never rich although she has all the talent to be one. Definitely, money isn't everything. Some things are just plain priceless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory